Friday, April 9, 2010

Reason #548, 721 ORP Chairman Kevin DeWine should be given a Pink Slip

Below is a thread from an exchange on Face Book between the Ohio Republican Party and a very active member in the GOP, Rachel Manias. It is amazing the attitude in which the party treats some of their very active and highly motivated members.

While ORP Chairman Kevin DeWine is most likely not the one making the ORP comments (he was probably too busy shining his cousin Little Mikey DeWine's shoes), it shows just how out of touch the ORP is with their rank & file members and the condescending, "your stupid, just do as we say & support who we tell you" attitude that is so prevalent with his failed party leadership.

That ORP Chairman DeWine is unable to even control his Frat Boys on Face Book clearly shows the party polluting stench emanating from the stalls of the OH Elephant Clan in Columbus need a good delousing....

(Emphasis added)

Ohio Republican Party Really enjoying watching our number of fans grow so quickly with the new Page. Thanks to everyone for being a fan, but more importantly, being a part of our community.

Rita Pannenberg Thomas
Only If You Keep It Conservative...No Compromises
Yesterday at 4:42pm · Report

Rachel Mullen Manias
And no more endorsements of handpicked candidates. I tossed my ORP slate card.
Yesterday at 4:44pm · Report

Steven Salander
Ditto Rita. Keep it to the beliefs of our Founding Fathers and I'll stay. Become a second Democratic party and I am outta here faster than I joined. I hold my Tea Party beliefs VERY tightly.
Yesterday at 10:59pm · Report

Tony Obert
just became a fan on a trial basis, was going to make a new comment but Rita took my thunder. Ohio Republicants are just as commie as the "D"'s lately.
21 hours ago · Report

Tobe Smellie III
Ditto to that!
11 hours ago · Report

Ohio Republican Party
We appreciate your enthusiasm. And we believe in Limited Government, Strong Defense, Fiscal Discipline and Personal Responsibility. If the "Tea Party" holds to those beliefs as well, then we have common ground to work together.
7 hours ago · Report

Ohio Republican Party
Rachel, the Ohio Republican Party proudly supports Rob Portman, John Kasich, Jon Husted, Dave Yost and Josh Mandel. Each of these individuals spent months and years earning the support of our Party leadership and the grassroots. None of these candidates were "handpicked."
7 hours ago · Report

Rachel Mullen Manias
ORP, you have no business endorsing prior to the primaries or even prior to filing deadline. While I support most of these candidates you must remember the lessons of the Scott Brown's election. These seats belong to the people, not the Chairman of the ORP. When you endorse as you have done then you isolate people like me who support other ... See Morecandidates. I resigned my volunteer position for the ORP and will devote my time to my County party instead.Why is the Central Committee endorsed on the slate card? They endorsed themselves?!
7 hours ago · Report


Ohio Republican Party
Rachel, the Chairman does not issue endorsements. The endorsements are made by the members of our state committee, who spend countless hours meeting with our potential candidates and engaging with grassroots supporters. These individuals are also elected to represent their constituents on the committee, so to suggest that candidates are "handpicked... See More" by the Chairman or that our committee makes decisions based on personal interest shows a lack of understanding of the process. We should also add that endorsing a candidate should not isolate anyone from the process. Clearly, we believe Portman, Kasich, Husted, Yost and Mandel are the best candidates for the job. Those decisions were based on a lot of factors. But you are just as welcome to support a candidate of your choice. We are a "big tent" Party.
6 hours ago · Report

Rachel Mullen Manias
No "lack of understanding" on my part. My eyes are wide open. Speak to those who represent me on the Central Committee. They will tell you a different story on the AoS endorsement. One actually didn't even know there was another candidate in the race at the time of endorsement which refutes your assertion that there a were "countless hours" ... See Morespent. I am proud to be a Republican but my vote is too precious to give it to 66 people on the Central Committee, many of whom didn't give proper thought to their endorsement. No slate card needed here!
6 hours ago · Report

Ohio Republican Party
If it's not a "lack of understanding" here, then you are simply falling prey to people spreading a false story. Each member of the committee was aware of the fact there were other candidates in the AoS race. In fact, there were three candidates. The members of the committee were lobbied directly by the candidates themselves in an effort to gain their endorsement. Our political staff here at the Party also personally contacted the members of our committee to make them aware of the endorsement process. But let's cut to the chase: the issue isn't the endorsement process - it's who was endorsed. Your home county issued an endorsement in the AoS race, but you seem content with that, to the point of "devoting your time" to the county party. That's great! We need good volunteers in every one of our 88 counties.The bottom line is this: Good people are going to disagree. We're ok with that and look forward to working with you and thousands of other grassroots supporters to elect Republicans in November.Oh, and the last time I checked, it was the liberal Democrats who were the bad guys!... See More
6 hours ago · Report

Rachel Mullen Manias
I am "falling prey" to nothing and I take great offense that the ORP suggests that I am unable to come to my own conclusions. You are welcome to call me and I will prove that I am not ignorant as you are suggesting. I know what my ORP Central Committee people told me. One said there were no other candidates in the race at the time of ... See Moreendorsement. The other actually threw Kevin under the bus and said he shut out the other candidates. I don't agree with endorsements prior to the primary. The people need to chose. I have discussed this with my county party chairman on several occasions. The reason I chose to vote in the endorsements in my county was to right the wrongs of the ORP Central Committee. There are bad guys everywhere. Although I take great joy in teasing liberals, to assert that bad guys are only Democrats is naive. Shall I continue? I've got all night.
5 hours ago · Report

Ohio Republican Party
Then your own conclusions are wrong. And no one was shut out of the endorsement process. Anything else is just a "conspiracy theory."Here's a better way to spend your time:Why don't you make some phone calls on behalf of our candidiates?http://www.ohiogop.org/call
3 hours ago · Report

Rachel Mullen Manias
My conclusions? This is what my Central Committee people told me. Are you insinuating that they are lying to me? If that is the case then I really am concerned about the endorsements the voted for. I am sorry that the ORP has taken time out of it's busy schedule to publicly assert that I am ignorant. Although I have been a stay at home mom ... See Morefor the past decade I promise that I am not ignorant and I have am not "falling prey" to anything, including your slate card. I am proud to say I am a Republican and that I will be voting for most of the candidates you support. I believe in the platform of the party. But, to attack me for my initial comment which was harmless truly makes me question the leadership of the party.I will be walking my precinct tomorrow to inform people of the best choices in the May primary. I will NOT be calling off your list.
3 hours ago · Report

Rachel Mullen Manias
Sorry for the typos.
3 hours ago · Report

Joe Vasil
The arrogance resonating in the ORP responses to Rachel's posts are what got the Republicans in trouble in the first place. While I am not by any way suggesting that the endorsed candidates are not worthy, endorsements prior to primaries circumvents grass root efforts from your constituents, which is critical in getting the independent vote.
49 minutes ago · Report

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it makes me wonder if I want to leave the Dem party after all. They insist I vote for their 'insiders' who have 'given' themselves to the party. I am looking for people to give themselves to the people. It is why Bob Bennett must go! He is supporting Democrats issues and raising money for Frank Jackson. The compromising that the Rep's are doing lately means there are Dems in Reps clothing! If the leadership won't get them out... we will. Mike Griffith needs to replace Bennett...period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...sounds like we could use Sarah Palin to do some "cleaning up" of The Good Ol' Boys Network here in Ohio as she did in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a vipers nest if you ask me. I am a democrate but I am voting conservative this year snd ever after... looks like my husband and I need to register Rep for the primary and try to get the best conservatives in and the rinos out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anon #2 -- LOL The Tea Parties here in OH will take care of that. Sarah no longer represents what she once did.

    @anon #3 --
    A vipers nest is right!

    If it means anything, Seth Morgan (State Auditor) and Sandra O'Brien (Secretary of State) are the two candidates most, if not all, of the grass roots groups are supporting. Please consider this as you dtermine who you feel best represents what you want in an elected official.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared!